Bisetti Big Rectangular Cooking Stone with Chromed Frame Beechwood Handles and Walnut Finishing
Bisetti’s cooking stones are ideal for grilling meat, vegetables, cheese and other food, using just a drop of oil: once heated up on the stove or in the oven, they can be...
Availability: In Stock
Product Code: BT-99004
Bisetti’s cooking stones are ideal for grilling meat, vegetables, cheese and other food, using just a drop of oil: once heated up on the stove or in the oven, they can be directly placed on the table as cooking surfaces, using a small cooker to keep the obtained heat constant. Before using the stone for the first time, it must be subjected to a preventative treatment. This is only required once and does not need to be repeated: just using the product will keep it maintained. Once the treatment is completed, the stone will change color from light grey to black. To clean the stone, simply use a sponge and rinse the stone under warm running water. Any dry residue can be removed using a sponge with salt, without using abrasives.
The instructions for the preventative treatment can be summarized as follows:
- Oil the stone on both sides.
- Put the stone into the oven still cold and heat it up for half an hour at a temperature of 150°C.
- Let the stone cool until it reaches room temperature, repeat the oiling and put it into the oven again for another 30 minutes, but this time at a temperature of 200°C.
- Once it reaches room temperature and is washed, the slab will be readyto use both on the stove and in the oven.
The cooking stone, known in Italian as Pietra Ollare, takes you back to the dawn of cooking history, when metals were not yet used for cooking. This stone is still an ideal cooking tool, thanks to its peculiar thermal properties:
- It gets hot slowly and uniformly, cooking the food all the way through and not only on the bottom.
- Once the ideal temperature is reached, it can be kept with a low flame, being also energy efficient.
- When it is removed from the fire, it cools down slowly, keeping food warm for a long time.
- The natural non-stick properties that characterize the talc prevent the food from burning or sticking to the surface and the cooking stone easy to clean.
- The cooking stone is not subject to the action caused by alkaline acids, which means that its composition remains unchanged, odorless and tasteless, avoiding possible food contamination from any residue. The food's taste is naturally enhanced and the stone's organoleptic qualities are preserved.